So I woke up this morning at six freakin’ thirty to turn off the crock-pot and get to cooking my other meals. I was so exhausted last night that I’m surprised I woke up that early, but I guess I did get 8 hours of sleep since I crashed at 10pm…
On the menu this week:
- Yellow chicken curry from Paleo Slow Cooking
- Savory Breakfast Casserole by PaleOMG
- 5-ingredient Spaghetti Pizza Pie by PaleOMG
- Buffalo chicken salad – my own recipe (I’ll post later this week)
- Sausage, sweet potato, and brussels sprouts hash – my own hodge-podge. I wouldn’t even call it a recipe, just threw some leftover ingredients together and voila! Gonna serve poached eggs over this, yummmm!
- I also cut up some cantaloupe for snacks and some broccoli to steam
So as I was digging through my closet for something to wear to work today, I found this dress that I wore to a wedding about 3 years ago. I unfortunately haven’t been able to zip it up for the last couple of years because I, well, gained about 20 pounds back in 2010 (or 2011, I can’t remember) due to not being able to workout for a year because of a leg injury which I may get into at some other point, but not now. Anyway, I was using the dress about a year ago to gauge my weight-loss, but I just never really lost any weight and ended up forgetting about the dress. When I saw it, I figured I’d try it on for shits and giggles thinking it wouldn’t zip up or that I’d feel like a freakin’ sausage.
It’s still a little snug, but it zipped up pretty easily and I didn’t feel like I was going to pop at the seams!! Woohoo! I can’t wait to wear this baby out sometime this summer (if it’s not too big 😉 ).
Before work, I went to the local globo-gym and finished off week 3 of the Wendler Program with back squats and bench press. Next week should be a low-weight week, so we’ll see if my 1 rep max’s increase after that! I’m excited but a little nervous that I won’t see any progress
What should hopefully help is that I finally caved and purchased a pair of hybrid oly/crossfit shoes that supposedly help you feel more stable during oly lifts. I can’t wait to get them and am hoping they arrive before next week as I’m competing in the Team Grit competition in Newport News, VA!!